November 24, 2015

DIY "Give Thanks" Sign

 Happy almost thanksgiving! Here's an easy DIY for all of you pretty people.

DIY "Give Thanks" Sign

Supplies:

  • Piece of Wood (Not stained, painted, or pressure treated)
  • Pencil
  • Metallic Sharpie
  • Hardware (to hang it up with)

Directions:
1. Sand the wood like crazy. Smooth out every little crevice and dent and anything else that you don't like. Sand and pretend it's that one person you're angry at. I won't judge

(As you can see- this is not the same piece of wood used in my sign. Sometimes things like this happen.You get the picture, though...right?) 

2. Free hand (or stencil) the words "give thanks" onto your wood with a pencil.

3. Go over the pencil several times with a metallic sharpie. I went over mine at least 3x with the sharpie for the gold to really stick out.

4. Measure halfway across the sign. Attach a little thing to make it hang up on the wall. I don't know what it's called. Sorry. You use a hammer and nails to make it stick.

(That was my practice pencil marking, fyi.)


5. Hang it up.


That's it! I hope you try this easy diy... maybe with all your little cousins over thanksgiving break?
xoxo,
Sophia

16 comments :

  1. Cute! I think I might have a piece of wood laying around, and could even allow my 2 older boys to help out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! my 8 year old brother helped make this one!

      Delete
  2. "Sand and pretend it's that one person you're angry at. I won't judge" XD That was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think we all have that one person...

      Delete
  3. We love your blog! :D
    ~Hannah, Anna, and Emma
    the3musketeerssite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Oh, love it! Super simple yet so cute, gonna have a go at making one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so glad you like it. Simple is the way to go, I've found. :)

      Delete
  5. This is so cute! I love the idea :) And so simple to make! I can see my sister making this- she loves making decorations for her room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely tell your sister to check it out. :)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! Love it!
    I am having a writing contest over at my blog!
    if you are interested here is the link:
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/10/blogtober-23.html

    -Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check out your writing contest. :)

      Delete
  7. This looks like a fun and cute DIY. I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it if you get a chance- it's so easy!

      Delete
  8. This is such a nice reminder to have in your room! - margaritasqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete