October 27, 2015

Pasta Bake-Gluten Free, Lactose Free, & Vegetarian | Guest Post

You know what's a bad idea? Looking at delicious food right before dinner time. Because then you remember that you actually have to make food. But oh well, this DELICIOUS LOOKING RECIPE from my friend AB looks amazing. Just don't look at it before dinner. Because it will make you hungry. -Sophia


I know that it can often be very difficult for people who are gluten or lactose intolerant to find quick, easy and cheap meals to make. This three ingredient recipe is SO easy to make and is super delicious. It's great to freeze in individual portions for later or to make for a nice cheap dinner party! It's gluten free, lactose free and vegetarian friendly.  
  
YOU WILL NEED:
Gluten Free Pasta (500g)- There are so many different gluten free pasta options, corn-based, brown rice-based, quinoa-based, mixed-starch based... any of them can work with this recipe, so choose depending on your personal preference. I have used "Buontempo's" rice flour based gluten free pasta.
Lactose Free Cheese (250g) - Once again there are so many brands of lactose free cheese, I've used "Liddel's" shredded lactose free cheese. If you prefer a not to use one of these, hard cheese's like cheddar, Parmesan and swiss are extremely low in lactose.
Pasta Sauce (2 X 500g jars) - Choose your favourite pasta sauce. You can make your own pasta sauce as well, but it's a whole lot easier to buy a jar of it from the store.

METHOD:

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius (392 Farenheit).
2. Boil the water in a small pot over the stove. When it's bubbling add the pasta.
3. Now GF pasta tends to be a little more gloopy, so if the water gets a little cloudy, don't worry that's normal.
4. When the pasta is fully cooked, decant it into a collinder in the sink and run some cold water over the pasta.
5. When the pasta is fully cooled put it in an oven dish, along with the pasta sauce and a handfull of cheese.
6. Mix it around.

  
7. Put as much as cheese as you like on top, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.

If you have any questions, just leave them in the comments below.
Enjoy xx

ABOUT ME:  
Hello there, my name is AB and I run the blog AB Sees, my blog is about travel, food, music and life. I'd love you to come over and check out Sophia's post there. If you're interested in doing a guest post on my blog or me doing a guest post on your blog just shoot me an email at abseesblog AT gmail DOT com. 











ps~ I linked up here

2 comments :

  1. Yum!! This looks good! I have lots of GF friends, so I may have to try this recipe!
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete