August 11, 2015

The Best Pandora Stations for Studying

Yes, school is almost upon us. It's truly unfortunate. Except for the weirdos who "love homework more than life itself" (see if you can guess what tv series that quote is from). Actually, I kind of fall into that category. Studying is awesome. However, summer is awesome, as well. So yeah. I don't really know where I was going with that.

Anyway, I love to listen to music when I'm studying, so here are my favorite pandora stations are to listen to when studying. And also, in case you didn't know, listening to music with out words is the best for studying. More focusing. Less distracting.

The Best Pandora Stations for Studying

Oh, and if you don't know what pandora is, it is an app and website that you can listen to every kind of music imaginable for free with sporadic ads.

Brooklyn Duo Radio- instrumental covers of pop songs, pretty light.

Celtic Radio- (hopefully) self explanatory

Film Scores Radio/Hans Zimmer Radio- duh. Film scores. For some reason, mine sometimes gets in a mood where it will only play LOTR and Narnia songs... So then I skip between the two, but they basically play the same thing.

Piano Guys Radio- similar to Brooklyn Duo, but more original songs and fewer covers.

Lindsey Sterling Radio- more electric sounding, but similar to piano guys.

The Glitch Mob Radio- according to Pandora, they're "futuristic dance style". I don't really know what that means, but they're pretty awesome. More upbeat.

Taylor Davis Radio- lots of violin. Beautiful melodies. enough said?

Instrumental Hip Hop Radio- more of a chill station. It always makes me want to dance. Weird.

And a few added bonuses:

Here is a long playlist of piano covers of popular songs on youtube.

And here is a hour+ of concentration music on youtube. Personally, I wouldn't choose this, but apparently it's "the best" for studying. If it works, awesome. :)

What pandora stations do you all love for studying? What other things do you do to study well? AND did you figure out where that quote was from?

Sophia

12 comments :

  1. I don't have to study anymore, but I have really been trying to focus on writing and possibly work on a book, so this is still helpful to me! I've always loved film scores and violin music anyway! Thank you for sharing!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I imagine with fondness the day when I won't have to study anymore... but that's a long ways away. :)

      Delete
  2. The Piano Guys rock! I've actually listened to many of the artists mentioned, but I study best with no music because it ends up distracting me. Maybe I should give it another try, though! And I don't think I've watched the show the quote comes from...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the piano guys! I study best with music because for some reason the silence is... distracting? Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for these Pandora suggestions! I live listening to music, but those with lyrics are often distracting because I have a tendency to start singing along to them.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so, so much for these! I went back to school today, so I will definitely use a couple of your suggestions.
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're SO welcome! I'm glad it's helpful!

      Delete
  5. That first station sounds awesome; I'm going to try it out! I've created a couple of playlists on Spotify for studying, mostly classical music and acoustic covers. They just really relax me.

    Thanks for these suggestions! ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great idea, to use spotify. I haven't gotten that into using spotify, but I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  6. This post = awesomness. This is gonna come in sooo handy when school starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comment= awesomeness. I'm glad this will help you out!

      Delete