August 25, 2015

10 Reasons to Cut Your Hair Short(er)

I did it, you all.

I hacked off all my long locks. (In non descriptive language, I cut my hair to a lob(ish).)
It feels so stinkin GOOD. A lot of you encouraged/discourage me about cutting off my hair, but I love it. If you're on the edge about cutting your hair, here are some beautiful inspirations for cutting off the locks.
1. School's starting=fresh beginnings=great time to cut off your hair.
Do you follow my train of logic?

2. It's so easy to BRUSH.
Confession: I hardly ever brushed my hair when it was long, even when it was wet, because it would take forever. Now I can easily neaten my hair.

3. It dries FAST
Where we live, it gets super cold. Like -40 degrees wind chill cold. The last thing I want to be doing this winter is running around with wet hair. :)

4. Celebrities are all doing it.
That's a perfectly logical reason, right. :) My favorites are Lucy Hale, Chloe Bennet, and Elizabeth Henstridge.


5. It will grow back.
If you hate it, stand in front of a mirror and chant this to yourself. I don't know if it will help, but at least you'll know. 

6. You'll get fewer hair induced headaches/neck cramps.
If you have long hair, you know what I'm talking about. 

7. Less back acne
I apologize if this visual is a little gross, but both my friend (who had long hair and now has a bob) and I agreed on it. 

8. Less money for shampoo and conditioner.
Everyone says this. It's true, though! I need less than half now for my hair. Plus you spend less time in the shower. :)

9. Less time when styling.
While we're on the topic of less time, I cannot tell you how much time I've saved when I'm straightening/curling my hair. (I do both, I know I'm messed up. ) 

10. All face sizes/shapes can pull it off.
I was worried at first that I would make my round shaped face look fat, but it really doesn't. You can ask your stylist what length and cut would be most flattering for you. You can always try a lob first.

What do you guys think? Is this enough to convince you to try it? 
have a lovely day,
Sophia

18 comments :

  1. I have hair like those pictured (maybe a little shorter) and I agree with all these reasons! To add one: it's easier to dye and curl/straighten because really heat/chemical damage isn't as a big a deal on a shorter cut.

    Let's see a pic of your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love your reasons! I just straightened my hair for the first time since my cut. it was so EASY. :) I'll post a pic of my either on my blog or on twitter before this weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Scarlett Johansson's current cut too, and J-Law also looked adorable when her hair was still that length (but I'm also rooting for growing hair too; I honestly can't wait to see what Lupita N'yongo's hair looks like with more length)

    But definitely do whatever you want with your hair! I have super kinky, frustrating hair, and whenever I want to cut it, people are like "please, no!" and "don't you dare!" And I'm like "um...this isn't your head?"

    Congrats on the cut! (Haha, that should be a new hashtag)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading your comments!! I think Scarlett's cut is so perfect.

      Delete
  3. #2 is so great. Now that my hair is long I brush it more but when it was short I hardly brushed it! That's almost reason enough for me to cut my hair again. You should show us your hair! I think you'll look great with short hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! I will definitely post a pic of my hair on the blog or on twitter before this weekend. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. OMG everyone is saying that!! I'll post a pic either on the blog or on twitter before this weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Gad that you like your freshly cut hair, I'm sure it looks amazing! I have been in and out of deciding whether to cut my hair short. I want to, but I feel like once I do I'll miss long hair. This list is helpful in deciding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I felt exactly like that... I wanted to get rid of the hassle, but also loved my hair when it was behaving. In the end, the annoyance of dealing with it won over. :) And honestly, I don't miss my hair if you're wondering. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll post a pic either on the blog or on twitter before this weekend. :)

      Delete
  7. The cast of Agents of SHIELD sure know how to pull of short hair. I actually like having long hair, but if I get this one role for a performance I will actually have to cut my hair into a bob, something that I am definitely looking forward to, if given a chance.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thinks so! (that they can pull of the hair, I mean) good luck for the performance!

      Delete
  8. I honestly can't pull of super-short hair - medium-length is what works for me :)
    Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think medium length hair is gorgeous, too!

      Delete
  9. I've had my hair pretty long for a while now but I'm so ready to chop it all off!!! This post just convinced me more ^-^ I'm planning on getting this cut- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/212865519864061094/ SO EXCITED. oh, and your hair is so adorable I can't even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gah! that pin/pic is so stinkin AWESOME. And thanks for the compliment. :)

      Delete