July 21, 2015

Easy Garlic Bread Sticks

I don't like cooking.

Let me clarify, I think baking is the bee's knees, but COOKING freaks me out. Mostly because the way my mom taught me was "a pinch of this," "a squirt of this," and "pour this in until it looks moist." Measurements, mom. I need actual measurements. Like cups and teaspoons. But she just doesn't get it. That's okay, my mom cooks the best food ever. I just can't cook like that.

Nevertheless, last night, my parents were out on a date to see a movie and eat at this super cute cafe, and I was stuck with the problem of hungry brothers and a kitchen aid full of pizza dough. Apparently, I was supposed to make pizza. Freak. Me. Out.

Thankfully, the pizza turned out okay. I asked my brother Sam if he wanted thick or thin crust. And this was his response:
"Thick. No wait. Thin. Actually, I really like thick. No, thin is better. Wait, what was the question?"

So the pizza crust turned out thick in some places and thin in others. Per Sam's request. No, actually that was just because I couldn't find the rolling pin. Here's a pic of the pizza- cut in an obviously artistic manner.
pizza- someplace in the midst

But I'm not here to talk about pizza. (Strange, I know, because the last three paragraphs were on pizza) Today we're talking about bread sticks that I also made last night. These turned out AMAZING. Good job, Sophia. I even had them again for breakfast this morning. Even our neighbor kid (who just happened to show up at dinner time last night) thought they were awesome.

easy garlic bread sticks- someplace in the midst
Easy Garlic Bread Sticks
Ingredients:
Olive Oil- to grease pan
Pizza dough for 1 Pizza
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Italian seasoning or oregano
1/8 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used Colby Jack)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil

2. If not already done, roll out the pizza dough and place on the baking sheet as if you were going to make a pizza.

3. Spread the melted butter over the dough. If you can't stand butter (weirdo), you could use olive oil here.

4. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to taste. I used about a half teaspoon of salt, and then a teaspoon or two of the other seasonings.

5. Sprinkle cheeses on top of the seasonings.

6. Bake for 10-15(ish) minutes. You kind of have to eyeball it and take it out once the cheeses are melted and the bottom of the crust is light brown.

7. Cut into strips or slices or whatever shape you want. Or just eat the whole thing.  No judgement here.

See ya'all soon!
Sophia

4 comments :

  1. You always have so many good looking recipes on here! I have a long list of food I need to try and make from your Blog!
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes! let me know if you try any of my recipes. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE cooking AND baking! I used to stick to directions exactly, but over time, I've learned that if you mess up, there's always more food to cook! These garlic bread sticks sound soo good! I made spaghetti for dinner tonight and they would have gone perfect together! Definitely going to have to "Pin" this for easy finding the next time I make a pasta dish!

    Tiffani
    notyouraveragesouthernbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this with spaghetti=awesome! We usually have it with pizza, but they are great with any meal!

      Delete