July 24, 2015

23 Songs to Put on Your Workout Playlist

Anyone who knows me well enough will know how much I DO NOT LIKE RUNNING. Why put yourself through the physical pain? Why get up early and work out? WHY??

But anyhowwwww.... My family inspired me to start running every day, and it's been awful. Just kidding. Not too awful. And then when I run I don't feel guilty about eating lemon bars for breakfast. That's the point of exercising, right?

Well, running is slightly more bearable if you have a sweet playlist, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.  As I said in my last post, my music style is all over the place. Deal with it. (In the best possible way.)
23 SONGS TO PUT ON YOUR WORKOUT PLAYLIST

Skillet  //  Itunes  //  Youtube  //
What I Believe
Fire and Fury
Rise
Good To Be Alive

Carrie Underwood //  Itunes  //  Youtube //
Before He Cheats
All American Girl
Last Name

Britt Nicole //  Itunes  //  Youtube  //
Welcome to the Show
Stand
Ready or Not

Cimorelli // Itunes  //  Youtube  //
See You Again
Renegade
Made in America
Bad Blood

Meghan Trainor //  Itunes  // Youtube  //
Lips are Moving

Colton Dixon  //  Itunes  //  Youtube  //
More of You
Through All of It

Taylor Swift  //  Itunes  //  Youtube  //
We are Never Ever Getting Back Together
I Knew You Were Trouble
All You Had To Do Was Stay

Avicii  //  Itunes  // Youtube  //
Waiting For Love
Hey Brother
Wake Me Up

And peeps, let me know what songs you run to. Or walk to. Or just like to listen to.
Sophia

18 comments :

  1. Usually when I run (which is often a lot of my time) I don't listen to much music... but Taylor Swift's music would be nice! It's just that it's hard for me to imagine running with it, because what I have in my head is someone singing it as they are strolling down a sidewalk of a big city, like L.A. or NYC, and then BAM! Everyone breaks out into a flash mob singing musical combo. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, your comments are the best!!

      Delete
  2. I love Made In America by Cimorelli!! My favorite running song is All Night by R5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! I just discovered cimorelli so I love it when i find fellow fans. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice playlist! I listen to a lot of similar songs, but I mainly listen to Dance/Electronic ones by either Ellie Goulding or Calvin Harris featuring various popular artists. But what really gets me going is "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" by Shakira, which, as the Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Song, makes for a really motivating run!
    How long do you go out a day? I try to get in as much as I can, but lately, haven't been able to find the time.
    Missing you dearly, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marijke! I was so happy to see you commented! I love both ellie goulding and calvin harris... but i didn't have enough room to put ALL my favorite music on this playlist. :) I try to run 2-3 miles a day (with some walking interspersed in) and then do stretches + situps, pushups, lunges, etc.

      Delete
  4. I listen to rap! Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Trip Lee, KB, etc., or Family Force 5. Or Fifth Harmony. Or Uptown Funk. Uptown Funk is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah! I don't listen to rap a ton, but lecrae's messengers and fifth harmony's miss moving on are also favorites of mine!

      Delete
  5. I love Avicii: definitely on my workout playlist, too. :) I also listen to Sunrise Avenue, Train, and (just the one song) Bad Day by Daniel Powter. It's a bit old, but I love it.

    x Yasmine
    Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete
  6. You NEED to put these on your playlist!

    Mikky Ekko's-Smile
    Pheobe Ryan's-Mine
    Galantis's-Runaway
    The Chainsmokers-Kanye
    Badman (Torro, Torro remix)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the recommendations! Man, i think i'll need to do another post like this with MORE of my favorite songs. :)

      Delete
  7. I hate running as well, but maybe listening to some of these will help with the monotony of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it will help you! it certainly helps me.

      Delete
  8. The entire Save Rock and Roll album by Fall Out boy, it makes dying while "trying" to run less awful.
    Lovely post btw!

    Chloee
    sparkofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great suggestion!
      (And thanks for thinking this post is lovely. :)

      Delete
  9. I REALLY love listening to NF. It's fast but the lyrics are so real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for reading.

      Delete