July 13, 2015

10 Spontaneous Things to do This Summer

So we have a few weeks of summer left (school starts early for us, man.) and I want to encourage you all to make the most of it. Here are some ideas for a few spontaneous summer activities. :)

10 spontaneous things to do this summer

1. Be a daily vlogger (for a day.)
You don't have to post it. You don't have to do anything hardly, just capture a day with a video camera (or an ipod or phone or whatever other device you can get your hands on). You'll look back on that day fondly, for sure.

2. Spontaneously go to the gas station.
Haha. I know what you're thinking. WEIRD.  But seriously, just run down the street (or bike or drive) and get some totally unhealthy treat at the gas station. Eat it. Go home. Spontaneity is key!

3. Study something.
I've had a problem recently with getting really stir-crazy. Sometimes the best way for me to relax is to do something HARD first. For instance, I just finished my last pre-calculus today. I plan on studying logic for the rest of the summer. You could grab some books at the library, sign up for a community ed class, etc.

4. Have brunch with somebody you haven't seen forever
Make a quiche. Cut up some fruit. Eat. Talk. Laugh. Cry. Pray.

5. Buy some work out clothes.
Go running! Go hiking! Go do some push ups! Activity is awesome! Just kidding. It often is not. Sometimes it stinks. But do it anyway!

6. Clean out your clothes
Usually because I buy a lot of clothes in the summer (shopping sprees with my aunt, duh) and I just get to a point where I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF. But seriously. If you're the type of person who hangs onto lots of sweaters that you don't really need, hot summer is the perfect time to get annoyed with how many warm clothes you have. And then you get rid of all of it.

7. Start a business.
I teach piano. I lead camps. You can sell flowers. Sell cookies. Make clothes. Mow lawns. Babysit. Extra cash is always nice for back to school shopping!

8. Make food.
I made lemon bars for the first time in at least four years a few days ago. I cut of cauliflower and made a cheesy casserole out of it for the first time yesterday. Summer is a great time to try new recipes.

9. Read some new blogs.
I just found the blog idastreet.com. I'm in LOVE with her apartment!! I could look at pictures of her apartment for dayssssssss. And sometimes a new blog is all you need to get yourself inspired to keep blogging.

10. Get a haircut.
It is so HOT where I live. Like seriously. I had some paper outside for a project and you could feel the paper getting wet from the humidity. NOT COOL, man. Pun totally intended. So I'm really considering hacking my long locks off. What do you guys think? This article made me really consider it.

Do you guys have any other ideas for spontaneity in these last weeks of summer? I'd love some more ideas. Please share!

Sophia

26 comments :

  1. My to do list is looking very similar to yours! I desperately need to clean out my closet, but it's such a daunting task! x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, cleaning out a closet (or dresser or whatever) is certainly a daunting task, but SO worth it!! I always feel so much better after I load up some garbage bags of my stuff to donate

      Delete
  2. I, too, am soon getting a haircut! You should definitely go for it. Sometimes, a little change is all we need to make our spirits soar. ;) Keep up the amazing work!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is the most beautifully worded comment I've heard for quite some time! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. i'm gonna go do this some of these if you'll excuse me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all sound really fun, and best of all, productive. I think I'll taje up teaching in the areas I'm good at, thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a great idea! Teaching something you're good at is awesome... my cousins taught latin in highschool, and some of my friends teach the musical instruments they're good at. Awesome!

      Delete
  5. These all sound really fun. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out the one blogger's apartment and I. LOVE. IT. omg it is now my dream to buy a small but cozy apartment and dress up just how I want. that sounds like an excellent life plan.

    I just recently cleaned out my closet and dresser and it was very refreshing. and I frequently make gas station stops with my mom where we load up on 25 cent candy and unnecessary bags of potato chips. it's basically tradition now.

    this list is perfection.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I definitely have the same dream of my own tiny beautiful apartment. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Sophia and O! This is Annie from Ida Street. Thank you for your sweet, kind words about The Studio. I'm so glad you find my apartment inspiring! I'm sure your spaces will be just as cozy when you move out on your own. Sending lots of love. Good luck in the new school year :)

      xox.

      PS - Sophia, love the blog!

      Delete
    3. Annie- Thank you so much for your sweet words!!

      Delete
  7. The only thing about hair cuts is I can't stand hair on my neck when I'm hot. So if I can't put it in a bun someone is going to feel my wrath and that someone is probably my husband and that's not fair to him. So my hair stays long. However, I have been learning new things! I've been taking free classes at the library for new computer and photoshop skills. It's amazing the stuff your local library will teach you for free!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is true... I've always had long hair so I've never dealt with the problems of not being able to put it in a bun... Thanks for your wise words!

      Delete
  8. These are all really cool ideas. I think I'll try the vlogger one...I've always wanted to be a vlogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. Yeah! I did it with my cousins over vacation... so much fun!!

      Delete
  9. These would help spruce up my summer! I just got a haircut, but I need to learn how to make food; I cannot cook with proportions. The studying thing is also a great idea, since I'll be taking Pre-Calculus un the fall and I want to be ready. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck with pre-calc! just a tip- get rock solid in your simple algebraic concepts first- exponents, roots, powers, polynomials, even times tables and division. :)

      Delete
  10. What a great list of things to do! I only have a couple of weeks till school starts, so I'm trying to live the rest of the summer to it's fullest!
    Your blog design is amazing, one of the best I've ever seen!
    June

    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! enjoy summer while it lasts... School starts early for us too. :)

      Delete
  11. Nice list! I've tried 1, 3, 8, 9, 10 :) Planning to do the rest in my remaining 2 weeks of summer!

    rudealignments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet! I'm glad you tried some of them! thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  12. great list! cant wait to try some of these things out! :)

    I am having a summer photo contest over at my blog! you can check it out here: http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-girl-summer-photo-contest.html

    -Elly <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'll be sure to check out your photo contest. :)

      Delete