June 27, 2015

Why You Should Be Taking a Break From Blogging

Wow. It's been a long time since I've looked at the orange and white theme of blogger. It's feeling pretty great to be back at this point. Honestly, a lot has happened since my last post.

Some of you [you know who you are] have probably been wondering where I've gone. Did I  just disappear off the face of the earth? Was I abducted by aliens? WHERE DID I GO AND WHY AM I GONE?! That last sentence is a grammatical mess on all levels.

Anyway, it's been a month since I last posted. Technically, that's like missing eight posts. I've deprived you of EIGHT posts. How could I invoke such cruel and unusual punishment?!
I also scaled wayyyyyy back on social media, choosing not to post on twitter, instagram, google plus, and just spend a bit of time on pinterest and facebook.

Now before I go all holier than thou and tell you how this has been a "learning experience" and a "growth opportunity" and a "journey of great rewards," let me just say that this was not a thought out  stopping of blogging. Basically, my family hosted a whole bunch of our relatives for two weeks and then I was too lazy to blog after that, so I just stopped.

However, I have learned a lot during this time. Now that I'm easing back into blogging, I feel like I have a much better idea of what I want blogging to be and how I see my blog going. Here are some reasons why bloggers should take a break from blogging+social media.

why you should be taking a break from blogging

1. YOU'RE TOO BUSY.
I'm serious. We all live in a society that's just goes on and on and on... Never stopping. Stopping seems unnatural, but taking a break from blogging could be just what you need so that you have time to take a breath.

2. It'll shift your perspective.
Do you know what I realized while not spending the majority of my time online? Media is not that important. Obviously, some people make their income off the internet and they literally need it to survive. However most of you, online friends, just use it for fun. I'll write a post later about some of the things I realized are more important than blogging. But for now, just think about it.

3. You'll have more time for important stuff.
Like getting ready for tests. Like pre-calculus. Like going running. Like family. But seriously, I discovered the joy of getting up early and running with one of my little brothers. Staying up until ungodly hours on social media really does deprive you of certain joys.

4. Your followers will not abandon you.
I'm serious. I actually gained followers while I wasn't posting at all. Funny how that works. And don't kid yourself, a lot of people won't even notice.

5. You'll avoid burnout.
I was getting to the point where blogging was not fun. It was simply something I had to do. But now I have a whole lot of post ideas, and I'm actually REALLY EXCITED to create good content for all y'all.

6. YOU DON'T NEED BLOGGING TO BE HAPPY.
Blogging and reading blogs and going on social media will never truly fulfill you. Enough said.

Thanks darlings, I promise I'll be back soon,
Sophia

12 comments :

  1. They're good points! Whenever I take a blogging break, I always worry about the losing followers one, but it seems like I don't have to. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I really didn't have a problem with losing followers. Let me know if you find it any different. :)

      Delete
  2. The burnout is my biggest thing. I was so burned out last Christmas season that I think I went a whole month with no posts. You know what? No one cared. It felt nice. And when I was ready to have something to say, I started back up refreshed. So now I never makes posts if I don't feel like it (which is rare) and it feels so good. I agree, rest is important!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad for your sweet comment! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I totally agree sometimes we need to have a break, reset and reinvent! ;)
    Have a gorgeous day Sophia! :)

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! thanks for the lovely comment. :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome back lovely!
    I agree, sometimes having a break can be important.
    Ella x
    inkdreaming.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! Breaks are often more important than working, I think. haha, just kidding... but seriously....:)

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for an award:
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/06/elysian-award.html

    ReplyDelete