May 26, 2015

Puppy-Chow Inspired Rice Chex Treats

You guys. I've been so unbusy that I feel busy.
What?!

Okay, all my official activities are done for the year, so I actually have time to do all the stuff that I haven't had time for in the past few... months.

Like study, clean, talk to friends, work, play piano, watch you tube videos, etc.
So yeah, the point I'm getting at is that blogging has become not so fun because of all the business that's been going on, so I'm trying to ease back in to the routine of blogging.

Puppy Chow Inspired Rice Chex Treats

Anyhow, for all you loyal readers who've been waiting for me to post, I have a reward for you. These super easy, delicious, rice crispy/puppy chow/chocolate/marshmeallow goodness that will rock your socks. Enjoy!! Oh, and I got a twitter, so let's be twitter friends. Check it out here.

Puppy-Chow Inspired Rice Chex Treats
1 Stick of butter (8 Tablespoons)- divided
2 bags of Marshmallows (12 Cups)
1 Box of Rice Chex (8-12 Cups)
1 Bags of Chocolate Chips (2 Cups)

1. Melt 6 Tbsp of the butter in a pot.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the mashmallows, stir until smooth and completely melted.
3. Add the Rice Chex- start with 8 cups, but continue adding until the consistency of Rice Crispy treats, or to your preference. Some people like stickier treats, some people like drier ones. I added about 10 cups of Rice Chex.
4. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
5. Melt the chocolate chips and the remaining butter in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring half way through.
6. Pour melted chocolate on the Rice chex, spread evenly.
7. Chill in the fridge until chocolate is solid.
8. EAT IT ALLLLLLL. Just kidding. You'll be sick.

What treats do you guys love? And did you notice this is gluten free?? Any of you people gluten free? I have some super close friends who are gluten free, and I'd love any ideas for treats that are gluten free. :)

Until next time dear readers,
Adios.
-Sophia

12 comments :

  1. OH MY GOSH THAT LOOKS SO GOOD. I tried your brownie recipe and it was delicious, so I have no doubt I will be trying this! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading your sweet comments! Let me know if you end up trying this recipe. :)

      Delete
  2. I must try these! In fact, I might make them tomorrow for a bible study I lead...

    And I completely get your business out of lack of a busy schedule. Basically, that's my life right now. Great post, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks for reading! This is definitely a treat that we make regularly for bible studies... it's a great crowd pleaser!

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious. :) I've never heard of Rice chex, but I did a Google search and I've actually seen it in the supermarket before, just that I didn't know what it was called, haha. I love sticky treats, so if I do try this out, I might make one with a stickier texture. Thank you for sharing. :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sticky treats are the best! (But not according to my dentist... he won't know.. right?) Let me know if you try a stickier texture!

      Delete
  4. I.... really want to make a whole pan and eat it now. I'm not gluten free, but I do love sticky treats.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, sticky treats are amazing!

      Delete
  5. Yum! these look so good! :)

    -Elly
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's a new post??? I'm dying here! XD Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm taking a break from blogging and blog related things (instagram, twitter, blog link ups, etc.) I'll be back in a week or two to explain more. :)

      Delete