Like, a lot.
And they're all totally awesome people. As you probably know, my family is going through some tough times dealing with my grandmother's passing. Well, as Ma from Little house on the Prairie so wisely said, "there's no great loss without some small gain." That's exactly how it was with my grandmother's death. While it's totally sad that she passed away, it was so amazing to be with family and to grieve together. <3
So here it is, plain and simple. These are in no particular order. Enjoy. And I'm sorry for the cheesy hashtags. I'm tired.
2. They love you weird parents.
3. They understand your weirdness.
4. That same weirdness runs in their blood.
5. They're stuck with you. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) Did I creep you out yet?!
|I'm pretty sure our Auntie was telling us how she was attacked by geese at this moment.|
7. They'll tell you the truth. Like I said, we're stuck with each other. There's no room for waxed on compliments.
8. No matter how long it's been, it's like you never left each other.
9. They understand your fan-girl-ness. Hunger Games? Once Upon a Time? You got it!!
10. There's so much FOOD. What is family without insane amounts of food?
11. You have family jokes/traditions no one else will get. Season all. Party Mix. (Told you you wouldn't get it!)
|I promise she's not actually a head taller than all of us. Although she is pretty close.|
12. People can tell you're related. And I don't really know why this one is so awesome. It just is cool when someone walks up to you and tells you you've got to be related to your cousin. It's also a little creepy.
13. There's no such thing as personal space. There's a time and place for personal space, but around family, NOPE.
14. They'll give you stuff. Like, lots of stuff. Hand-me-downs are awesome, people.
15. They offer great advice.
16. Sleep is highly overrated. Sleeping should definitely not be a priority during family reunions.
17. They have the same childhood memories as you.
|Don't you agree?|
19. You can laugh at your parents in said old photo albums. (Seriously, Dad?! Pink Shorts?!)
20. They push you. (Hopefully not literally. More like they'll push you to do things you wouldn't necessarily do on your own.)
So yeah, now you have a sence of what kind of crazy famiy I come from. It's pretty epic.
Are you guys close to your cousins? Do you have any funny stories about you and your cousins? Let me know! You can learn a lot about of a person through their family.
That's it for today,
I'm linked up here