March 24, 2015

oatmeal cinnamon chocolate chip cookies

The world is covered in snow. What??!?! I'm was just getting my hopes up and I wore some open toe pumps to church, only to utterly regret that decision while I slipped and slid through the snowy parking lots.
someplace in the midst

We came home from church and my little brother and I decided we simply had to make some cookies to nurse our misery that spring is indeed not here. :(


someplace in the midst

Oh well, these cookies turned out fabulously. Y'all should really make them.

someplace in the midst


Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 sticks of butter (1 1/4 cup)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c. brown sugar 
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 c. flour
  • 2 1/2 c. oatmeal (not quick oats)
  • 1 c. chocolate chips (that was all I had... more would be awesome.)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cream together butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.

3. Mix salt, baking soda, cinnamon, flour, and oatmeal.

4. Add in flour mixture to the butter mixture a cup or so at a time, mixing as you add.

5. Add in chocolate chips, stir.

6.  Form rounded teaspoons and place on a cookie sheet.

7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

8. Eat them all!!!!!! Haha, don't do that. No really. You'll hurt your stomach.

If you try these, let me know! Also, I'm on a hunt for healthy(ish) dessert recipes. Comment if you have any recipes/links/ideas!!

That's it,
Sophia

I'm linked up here 

7 comments :

  1. Those cookies are making my mouth water...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! You should definitely try making them sometime!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are really delicious. :) Let me know if you try making them!

      Delete
  3. Yummy cookies! I have a similar recipe that I love. And as for healthy recipes, man that can be hard, because you just can't beat good old butter and sugar! I love getting granola and having cereal and milk for a dessert. Or cinnamon toast with whole wheat bread. Or a crepe with strawberries and whipped cream and chocolate chips and ice cream, like I had tonight. Okay, so that last one isn't the best (in my defense, I put two parts s-berries one part sugar stuffs)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd eat them all for sure - maybe not in one sitting. but oats ARE good for you. Thanks for sharing with us for The Sunday Brunch Magazine, we look forward to sharing your work, Bel & Eliza xx

    ReplyDelete