February 20, 2015

It's okay to hurt.

Death hurts.

Yes, I absolutely love the song by Matt Maher:

Oh death, where is your sting? Oh grave, where is your victory?
Our God is not dead, he's alive, he's alive! (Christ is risen)

I get it. I know that this isn't the end. But honestly, death is hurting right now.
The thought of knowing I'll never get to see my grandma again. The grandma who made me a quilt, who watched the kind of cheesy chick flicks I love, the grandma who let me have her books. It hurts.

I hurt for my aunt and uncles who won't see their mama on this side of eternity again. 
I hurt for my grandpa who lost his beloved.

Grandma, I'll love you forever. I know this isn't the end. I know. I'll see you again. I bet you'll be running and singing and laughing in a way that your earthly body wouldn't let you. And we'll smile and talk. It'll be awesome. But for now, it hurts.

And that's okay. Because grief is okay. Tears are okay. It's okay.

it's okay to hurt

So Grandma, yes, it hurts right now, but I'll see you later. I love you.
This life is just a moment, but our forever is sealed. (Natalie Grant- In the End)

And that's the hope I have. Because no matter how much it hurts right now (which is a lot) it's only for a moment or two in light of eternity.

There's hope in front of me
There's a light I still see it
There's a hand still holding me
Even when I don't believe it
I might be down but I'm not dead
There's better days still up ahead
Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me
(Danny Gokey- Hope In Front Of Me) 







So that's it for today, beautiful people. 
Oh, and if you have a moment, my darling cousin used her words so beautifully talking about our dear grandma. Go ahead and check out her blog~ adventureandapen.blogspot.com/goodbye
Hugs,
Sophia

20 comments :

  1. Why is it so hard to find the words to uplift someone when they are hurting? We all hurt..we all grieve..we all cry. Maybe it is because we all hurt in different ways, grieve for different reasons, and cry at different times. Sophia, you are right, it is okay. Even Jesus..wept. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What wise words, Julia! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your grandma! <3 My grandma I was super close to also died a few years ago and it is so hard, but God is there to comfort you! I will be praying for you and your family for comfort. You will be reunited with your grandma again, and it will be so joyful! Remember that :)

    With Love, Elizabeth @ Whimsical Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment!
      Sophia

      Delete
  3. Sophia! I am so sorry! My grandparents are still with me, but just thinking about when they'll die makes me want to cry. But I really liked the part when you said she will be running and skipping in heaven. Have hope that you will be with her again :)

    I'll be praying for you!
    xx Erin
    http://beflowerings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Sophia, I feel your pain! My great-grandma passed away, and death is extremely hard.
    I'm praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, Sophia! Praying for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It hurts, but the love will always be there. Sending you love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely words, Rebecca! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss, Sophia. Just by reading your post I can almost feel how much it's hurting you. It's a beautiful post, but me saying that probably won't make the pain any less...

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Knowing that you read it does make me smile. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. Grandparents are so special and precious and they are made even more so because we have such a limited time with them. It sounds like you have some amazing memories though so cling to those and remember that she lives on in you xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have lots of lovely memories. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. This is my first time I'm on your blog, but I really respect you so much for being so honest and open with your readers and with yourself. Going through losses is incredibly hard and I'm going through one now and it's hard not to think about memories, but I know that time heals all. Sounds so cliche and everyhting but it's so true. But these moments we have now where we are sad and we do remember the good times, these times will make us stronger. It really does make you appreciate family even more than you ever did before. Your grandma sounds like a lovely person <3
    I hope you are feeling better with everything! :)

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, this is like my favorite comment EVER. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  10. Oh, Sophia, I am so sorry for your loss. I know there is so much pain when someone you love is no longer on this earth. I will be praying for you and your family and I hope you are doing well.
    Love,
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words! I hope you have an awesome day.
      Sophia

      Delete