February 24, 2015

Cheesecake Chimichangas | Guest Post

I have to admit, I am really stressed right now dealing with travel plans, school, and a family loss recently. So anyways.... THANK YOU SO MUCH LORRAINE FOR DOING THIS POST!!!!! (I hope you guys can all see how thankful I am.) And you should totally go to Lorraine's blog. Okay. I'm done. Here you go:

Hi! I’m Lorraine from Laurel Crowned (http://www.laurelcrowned.com). Today I’m going to show you how to make cheesecake chimichangas! I don’t know about you, but I love Mexican food – and chimichangas are one of my absolute favorites! When I saw a recipe for cheesecake chimichangas, I knew I’d have to try it.



The first thing you’ll need is your ingredients. Here is what I used for the filling:
 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
  ¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
 ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest



Mix it all together!



Here’s what your filling will look like.


 Now just divide it onto some 8 inch tortillas… Put however much you want on. I like a little more filling, so I only used 4 tortillas. You could also put a little less filling, and top it with some cherry pie filling or other type of pie filling (sadly, I didn’t have any in my cupboard).


Now it’s time to fold it up!



Ready to fry! Put a few inches of oil (I used vegetable oil) in a saucepan, and heat over medium high heat until it reaches 360 degrees on a frying or candy thermometer. Once the oil has heated to the proper temperature, carefully put the chimichanga in the oil. When filling the pan with oil, make sure you leave several inches of space from the top of the pan so there is room to put the chimichanga in without the oil spilling out. Be careful not to splash hot oil and burn yourself.

Leave the chimichanga in the oil for a minute or so until it starts to turn a golden brown. You may need to turn it so all sides are evenly browned. You may need to place a toothpick in the tortilla to hold it together, as the first couple that I tried unfolded in the oil.

Once you’ve removed them from the oil, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar before serving (no I didn’t do this – I thought they were sweet enough, but it would make them more pretty). Also, these would be excellent topped with some fresh fruit or pie filling, but I didn’t have any available.


Such beautiful, greasy goodness. And so easy! I hope you all enjoy! Let me know if you try the recipe and what you think! J


If you are interested in seeing more recipes, please visit my other blog http://wwwnutritionfromscratch.com 
Enjoy!
xx Lorraine

8 comments :

  1. This looks really good! I can't wait to try this. Hopefully I can mange cooking up something like that.
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try them!! let me know how they turn out. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh this looks yummy! I'll have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm sure they're delicious. :)

      Delete
  3. Those chimichangas look D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! Thank you for having me guest post! It was fun (and delicious). (:

    ReplyDelete