February 27, 2015

4 WINTER DRINKS TO WARM YOUR SOUL

I hate the cold.
Now, to clarify, I actually don't mind being cold, but cold weather has got to go. But apparently, it's not going away. Go figure. Tomorrow I'm traveling to Boston where there are like six feet of snow (not really an exaggeration) and it's going to be COLD.
So anyways, here are 4 lovely drinks that will soothe your stomach and warm your soul. (cliched, no?)

Mint tea+Honey+Cinnamon
{Make a cup of mint tea, add a spoonful of honey (please, PLEASE I'm begging you, buy your honey raw. You'll never go back to that fake junk.) and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. I'm really not good with measurements.  }
This tea has some serious healing properties. No joke. This has seriously been the drink that has kept me going this week during this nasty cold I caught. Honey is naturally antibiotic, and cinnamon.. Is awesome. It has like, a million healing properties, just google it. Mint always settles my stomach, and the smell is SO SERIOUSLY SOOTHING.

Black Tea+Raw Sugar+Cream
{Make a cup of black tea, then I used 2 packets of raw sugar and a dash of cream}
 When I was younger, we stayed with a family, and the always had Yorkshire gold tea in the morning with raw sugar and cream I guess you could say this is my comfort drink.

Apple Spice Tea+Allspice+Cinnamon
{Make your apple spice tea and sprinkle some allspice and cinnamon on top. Ahhhh. (But don't sprinkle a ton, because you'll get a weird tea texture.)}
Christmas in a cup? Umm... YEAH!! This sort of reminds me of fall, but DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, I'LL DRINK FALL TEA IN THE WINTER IF I WANT TO. okay. I'm good.

Hot Chocolate+Vanilla+Cream
{Use a packet of Hot cocoa, make it how you usually do, add a 1/8 of a teaspoon of vanilla and a dash of cream. In place of vanilla, you can try peppermint extract, or whatever else you have on hand}
I just found a box of organic Trader Joe's hot cocoa in our pantry. SWISS MISS., MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. THERE'S A NEW KID IN TOWN. Seriously. this stuff is liquid gold, folks. I can't even.<---- do you know how much I hate this statement?!?! But it actually fits. Hm.

Okay, people. That's it. Have a lovely weekend.
Sophia

23 comments :

  1. Mm...hot chocolate is definitely some of the best.
    And I will have to try the first recipe...looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious!! let me know how it turns out. :)
      Sophia

      Delete
  2. 1. I love that big plaid blanket thing you used as a backdrop. 2. These all sound absolutely delicious! I love that most of them involved tea. Tea is my jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment! Tea is FANTASTIC.

      Delete
  3. I've tasted all of these combos except for the first one that you made. I live in a state which makes no honey and it's really aggravating since all I have tasted is, in fact, the fake stuff.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you've never tried real honey! I hope you get to soon. :)

      Delete
  4. Great ideas, all of them sound really good!
    xo
    alysamadisun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a hot drink to lift your spirit! Can't agree enough about the real honey. Once you try, you can't go back =) Love all the concoctions, hope you will get some warm weather soon!

    Juju
    http://www.jujusprinkles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, warm weather would be awesome. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. I love your tips! Definitely should try next time:)

    Eva
    The Rococo Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love them!!
      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. hi sophia! I have nominated you for a liebster award check out your questions on http://mariosad.blogspot.ie/2015/02/my-liebster-award.html or my first post on my page. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! and it's particularly snowy and freezing around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's super cold here as well. Stay warm!!

      Delete
  9. That cinnamon apple spice tea sounds yummy, great post!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! The tea is DELICOUS, let me know if you try it. :)

      Delete
  10. Ohhh! Yes! I am in love with tea and now this post! I have a slight obsession with chi tea. Can't seem to get enough of it!
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been drinking two cups of tea every day recently. I'm pretty sure you could say I'm obsessed. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  11. Love this post! Your tea cups are so cute <3


    www.SHVETA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I got the cups forever ago from pier 1, i think. :)

      Delete
  12. I LOOOOVE Spiced Apple Tea, Its like a secret indulgence i have, mmmm
    Thanks for sharing with us for The Sunday Brunch Magazine
    Bel & ELiza x

    ReplyDelete