January 27, 2015

Baked donuts with chocolate glaze

Hello, lovelies!!
I'm done with school and work and stuff and it's not even 3:00 pm. Congratulate me, people. Haha, no, don't do that. That would just be weird. And it's not like I'm searching for attention, or anything. (Wait, I guess that's the point of having a blog.)

Today, my friends, we will be talking about donuts. Obviously.


Please excuse my unbrushed hair and no make up. I was just recovering from the flu. Eating donuts right after the flu is not a good idea?? Well then. You obviously haven't had my donuts. 


Sorry for the weird filter on this one. I have no idea what's going on.

Anyway, now that I've got my weirdness out of the way, here is the fantabulous recipe for baked donuts. They are amazing. incredible. fantastic. fabulous. Okay, okay, I'm done. ;)


Baked Donuts With Chocolate Glaze
{Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction}
Batter:
  1. 1 cup flour
  2. 1 tsp. baking powder
  3. 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  4. 1/2 tsp. salt
  5. 1 egg
  6. 1/3 cup brown sugar
  7. 1/4 cup milk
  8. 1/4 cup sour cream
  9. 1 tsp. vanilla
  10. 2 tbsp. butter
  11. Sprinkles {optional}
Chocolate Glaze:
  1. 3 tbsp. butter
  2. 3 tbsp. corn syrup
  3. 3 tbsp water
  4. 3.5 oz extra dark chocolate {I used a Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate bar}
  5. 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Grease your donut pan~ I'm loving this one.
  3. Mix together the first four ingredients~ flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  4. Wisk together the egg, brown sugar, milk, sour cream, and vanilla. 
  5. Slowly add melted butter to the egg mixture. (It's okay if the butter hardens a bit)
  6. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture- stirring just until mixed. (Dough will be very thick)
  7. Spoon the batter into a gallon ziplock bag, then cut an inch-sized hole (give or take a bit) in a corner.
  8. Squeeze batter into donut pan~ roughly 3/4 of the way full. (The batter should make about 8 donuts, so you might have to do 2 batches if you have a six-cavity donut pan like me)
  9. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden brown.
  10. Dip or spoon glaze on after donuts have cooled for a minute. Add sprinkles if you want!!
Glaze:
*You should make this just 2-3 minutes before your donuts come out of the oven, so the glaze doesn't harden*
  1. Chop your chocolate into chunks the size of chocolate chips if you are using a bar of chocolate.
  2. Put chocolate, butter, corn syrup, and water in a microwaveable bowl
  3. Microwave 1 minute or until chocolate and butter are melted
  4. Stir the glaze until smooth, add powdered sugar- more or less based on your preference
That's it for now, ya'all!! I'd love to here is you've ever made donuts~ baked or fried. Which do you prefer? Which are easier?
Sophia

2 comments :

  1. Looks pretty good to me! There is never a bad time for an awesome chocolate donut ! Thank you for contributing to The Sunday Brunch Magazine, we look forward to sharing your post, kind regards Eliza & Bel

    ReplyDelete